Posted in Instagram Sumter County

Granite Building – Dr. Mary McLeod Bethune Learning Center

Posted in Instagram

The Mayes Store was built in 1915. It was originally built as a 5 bay store

Posted in Instagram

The Mayesville Presbyterian Church was established in 1881. That church burned in 1975 and was replaced with this current building in 1977

Posted in Instagram Sumter County

Mayesville Baptist Church

Posted in Instagram

The town of Mayesville was named for the Mayes family after the Wilmington and Manchester Railroad cut through the Mayes’ property and began as Mayes Station in 1852, replacing an earlier name of Bradleyville. Pictured are a row of stores built 1898-1920

Posted in Instagram Sumter County

Mayesville Town Hall was built ca. 1900

Posted in Instagram Sumter County

Robert James Mayes House

Posted in Instagram

J.F. Bland Stables, built about 1895

Posted in Instagram Sumter County

Salem Black River Presbyterian Church

Posted in Instagram

The Bradley Store in Mayesville was built in 1907