Posted in Instagram Orangeburg County

The Renneker’s Store building was built ca. 1895. Renneker’s was founded in 1910 by Clarence Renneker (Sr.) in this building. Clarence Jr. continued running this store at this location until 1980. The building then was used by George Dean for Dean’s Ltd

Posted in Instagram

The Gifford Rosenwald School was built ca 1921 and operated until 1958. The Rosenwald Fund matched local donations to built the school at a cost of $3,225. The Rosenwald Fund was established in 1917 by Julius Rosenwald and his family for “the well-being of mankind.” Rosenwald became part-owner of Sears, Roebuck and Company in 1895, serving as its president from 1908 to 1922, and chairman of its board of directors until his death in 1932

Posted in Instagram

The Union Depot was built in 1902 as a passenger rail depot

Posted in Instagram Newberry County

The St. Paul Lutheran Church was established in what is now Pomaria in 1761. The frame of the current church was built 1938, but the church burned in 2013, leaving only the frame. The frame was restored and the church was rebuilt

Posted in Instagram

The Henry P. Moses, Co Building was built in 1890. The Henry P. Moses Company, was founded in 1918 by Herbert A. Moses and Henry P. Moses, brothers as a real estate and insurance business

Posted in Instagram

The E.H. Dibble Grocery Store (later DeKalb Pharmacy) was built ca. 1889-1891. Eugene Heriot Dibble (Sr.) was a successful African-American businessman who owned several Broad Street commercial buildings. Dribble also served in the S.C. House from 1876-1878. Dibble’s sone, E.H. Dibble Jr., would become a doctor associated with the Tuskegee Syphilis Study at the Tuskegee Institute in Alabama

Posted in Instagram

The Thompson Funeral Home in West Columbia was built ca 1936. The Thompson Funeral Home dates back to 1928 when J.R. “Buddy” Thompson started this business. Around 1936, “Buddy” Thompson built this first building in this area that was built strictly for the use as a funeral home

Posted in Anderson County Instagram

The Carnegie Library of Anderson was built in 1907

Posted in Florence County Instagram

James Allen – R.H. Zeigler Building

Posted in Instagram

The Lace House is a 9,606 sq ft antebellum home built in 1854. The Lace House was the home of Thomas and Mary Caldwell Robertson, the youngest daughter of John Caldwell. Caldwell was president of the South Carolina Railroad. It is located next to the SC Governor’s Mansion in Columbia, SC. It was purchased by the state in 1968 and used as a guest house. You can now rent it out for your wedding